More than 50% of all visits to doctors involve the mouth, ear, nose, and throat in some shape or form. These parts of the human anatomy are complex and require sophisticated diagnosis and treatment. At MD Center of Nevada, we have the equipment and facilities needed to handle all kinds of oral, ear, nose, and throat related surgeries. We also have an expert team of qualified professionals who will always offer straightforward and honest advice on your health condition.
What are Oral, Ear, Nose, and Throat Specialists?
Medical professionals who specialize in diseases or health concerns related to the head and neck are known as Otorhinolaryngologists. They’re surgical specialists who diagnose the problem and recommend surgical intervention if needed. This is a vast field with multiple subspecialties and treatment options. We use sophisticated diagnostic tools to determine which treatment option is best suited for our patients.
What Are the Common Procedures?
Oral, ear, nose, and throat specialists perform a wide range of procedures ranging from minor to cosmetic. Here’s a list of some of the most common procedures in this field:
- Tonsillectomy to remove tonsils.
- Adenoidectomy to remove adenoids.
- Septoplasty for clear breathing.
- Microlaryngoscopy, which is inserting a small tube into the larynx during surgery or for biopsy.
- Tympanomastoid surgery for cholesteatoma in the middle ear.
- Endoscopic sinus surgery for diagnosing sinus conditions.
- Open surgery for removing salivary gland tumors, lumps, and other such problems in the mouth and neck.
This field includes a wide range of other surgical and diagnostic procedures to help patients recover from oral, ear, nose, and throat problems effectively. We have state-of-the-art facilities to ensure patients get the best treatment.
If you want to know more, don’t hesitate to contact us at MD Center of Nevada and book an appointment with our experienced professionals today.